Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Sweet, Sweet Ride Of The Day: Star Trek Van For Sale (NSFW-ish)

best of craigslist > vancouver, BC >

1978 GMC G15 Custom Star Trek 'boogie' Van
1978 GMC G15 Vandura Van.

I have reluctantly (we would like to shrink the family vehicle stable a bit as we now have two small boys and no time) decided to sell my 1978 GMC Vandura custom van.

The van was built up from stock in 1979-1980, paint was done by G.S. Roy, a well known Canadian artist. I contacted Mr. Roy, who remembers painting this van as well as another for the owners cousin (that one was 'mermaid' themed. . .wish I knew where it was!).

The van is a survivor and sat for years in storage owned by the same family from new to 2012 (33 years). I purchased it in 2013 from Ontario and shipped it out to the west coast here in Vancouver where I have enjoyed every day of owning it.

NOT a vehicle for the shy, you absolutely cannot go anywhere without many thumbs up, cheers, and people waxing nostalgic about custom vans and/or Star Trek.

The van currently has a little over 25,000 KM's (15k miles) on it showing on the odometer. I can't verify for sure this isn't 125,000km's but looking over all aspects of the van I would not doubt if it is true. . .it isn't perfect, but is a true survivor of an era gone by and I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere.

(read more)



source

0 comments:

Post a Comment